PRESS RELEASE ON FORMER NASSIT DDG
1. ANTI - CORRUPTION COMMISSION CATHEDRAL HOUSE 3 GLOUCESTER STREET FREETOWN SIERRA LEONE, WEST AFRICA 17th December, 2018 PRESS RELEASE SETTLEMENT WITH FORMER DEPUTY DIRECTOR - GENERAL AND THE RESIDENT ENGINEER OF NAS SIT TO REPAY 1.5 BILLION LEONES The Anti - Corruption Commission (ACC) wishes to inform the general public that it has entered into a settlement agreement with the former Deputy Director - General of the National Social Security and Insurance Trust (NASSIT), M r. Amara Kuyateh, and the Resident Engineer NASSIT, Mr. Franklyn Gerald O. Coker, in respect of investigations into funds meant for the NASSIT Sisimi Project. According to the agreement, Mr. Amara Kuyateh will pay back the total sum of One Billion Leones ( Le 1,000,000,000.00) within one (1) year. As part of the agreement, he has paid the sum of Two Hundred Million Leones (Le200,000,000.00) upfront to the Commission. On the other hand, Mr. Franklyn Gerald O. Coker will pay back the total sum of Five Hundr ed Million Leones (Le 500,000,000.00) within one (1) year . He has deposited the sum of One Hundred Million Leones (Le 100,000,000.00) with the ACC. Within the past five months, the ACC has recovered approximately Nine Billion Leones ( Le 9,000,000,000.00) which it will pay into the Consolidated Revenue Fund. The Commission will proceed with charges against other persons investigated in respect of the NASSIT/Sisimi funds for various conspiracy related offences. Meanwhile, the Commission wishes to further re - assure the general public that it shall not relent in ensuring that public funds are protected, and where necessary, recovered. For further enquiries, please contact Margaret Murray , Public Relations Officer, on Tel: +232 25 428081. ........................................ PATRI CK SANDI DIRECTOR, PUBLIC EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
- 5308 Total Views
- 4128 Website Views
- 1180 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 63 www.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 25 126.96.36.199
- 2 www.pnb.gov.sl
- 19 www.anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 9 anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 29 188.8.131.52:8069
- 9 anticorruption.gov.sl
- 7 webdisk.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 google.com'
- 1 www.google.com
- 5 184.108.40.206:8072
IACAlumnus_Jul_2018_online18121 Views .
Commissioner's Profile14648 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2016 (2017) FINAL12011 Views .
NACS ACTION PLAN11890 Views .
ACC ANNUAL REPORT FOR 201710774 Views .
National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-202310764 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 201410761 Views .
-Draft-SALWACO-SERVICE-CHARTER10373 Views .
ACC Act 200810332 Views .
Reports Curbing Salary Double Dipping in MDAs10238 Views .
NACS NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION STRATEGY 2018-202010214 Views .
CURRENT CASES IN COURT9797 Views .
CURRENT ACC CONVICTIONS FROM 2000 TO 20189638 Views .
ELECTRICITY service_delivery_charter_EDSA9498 Views .
Police Service-Delivery-Charter-2015-final-29463 Views .
2019 Comms Strategy_FINAL8780 Views .
Press Release - ACC Head Office8661 Views .
APPEAL CASES8470 Views .