PRESS RELEASE on 2016 convictions
2. KOLONEH SANKOH DIRECTOR, PUBLIC EDUCAT ION AND OUTREA CH
1. ANTI - CORRUPTION COMMISSION CATHEDRAL HOUSE 3 GLOUCESTER STREET FREETOWN SIERRA LEONE, WEST AFRICA TEL: 232 - 22 221468 FAX: 232 - 22 221900 Date: 8 th February 2016 PRESS RELEASE ACC SECURES CONVI CTIONS The High Court Holden in Freetown , presided by the Honorable Justice Alusine Sesay, on 2 nd February 2016 convicted former staff of the Political Parties Registration Commission (PPRC) ; Victor Hugo Kamara, Mediat ion Officer East, and Robert Paine , M ediation and Program Manager, for various corrupt offences; including conspiracy to commit a corruption offence, failure to comply with applicable procedures and guidelines rela ting to the management of funds, misappropriation of public funds , offering and accepting an advantage, all contrary to the Anti - Corruption Act 2008. The two men, in their capacities as PPRC officials, conspired to misappropriate public funds meant to promote political party dialogue and non - violence campaigns in the Eastern Region p rior to, and after the November 17, 2012 Presidential, Parliamentary , and Local Council Elections. The High Court found Victor Hugo Kamara guilty on 18 counts of corruption offences and was fine d the sum of Thirty Million Leones (Le : 30.000.000 ) or serve three years imprisonment . The Judge further ordered Mr. Kamara to pay another Thirty Million Leones (Le : 30.000.000 ) to the PPRC as restitution. Robert Paine was found guilty on three counts , and w as fined the sum of Twenty Millions Leones (Le: 20.000.000) , or serve two years imprisonment . The judge further ord e red Mr. Paine to pay as restitution to the PPRC the sum of Ten Million, Four Hundred Thousand Leones (Le: 10 ,400.000 ) . The other accused, Mr. Abraham John , was acquitted and discharged on all counts . T he Commission wishes to register its appreciation to the PPRC for its support and cooperation in the prosecution of this matter. Mr. Abdulrahman Mansaray represented the State as prosecuting counsel. ..........................................
- 4646 Total Views
- 3798 Website Views
- 848 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 26 18.104.22.168
- 8 anticorruption.gov.sl
- 67 www.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 1 www.pnb.gov.sl
- 5 anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 19 www.anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 14 22.214.171.124:8069
- 2 webdisk.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 google.com'
IACAlumnus_Jul_2018_online14372 Views .
Commissioner's Profile11366 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2016 (2017) FINAL9687 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20148679 Views .
NACS ACTION PLAN8524 Views .
ACC ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20178491 Views .
-Draft-SALWACO-SERVICE-CHARTER8233 Views .
NACS NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION STRATEGY 2018-20208232 Views .
National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-20237723 Views .
Reports Curbing Salary Double Dipping in MDAs7711 Views .
ACC Act 20087699 Views .
CURRENT ACC CONVICTIONS FROM 2000 TO 20187593 Views .
CURRENT CASES IN COURT7538 Views .
2019 Comms Strategy_FINAL7208 Views .
Police Service-Delivery-Charter-2015-final-27120 Views .
ELECTRICITY service_delivery_charter_EDSA6947 Views .
Press Release - ACC Head Office6649 Views .
APPEAL CASES6487 Views .