PRESS RELEASE- HAJA KALLAH & CO (2)
1. 1 st November, 2018 PRESS RELEASE ACC ENTERS INTO A SETTLEMENT AGREEMENT WITH FORMER NRA S TAFF TO REPAY 5 BILLION LEONES The Anti - Corruption Commission (ACC) wishes to inform the general public that it has entered into a settlement agreement with the former Commissioner General of the National Revenue Authority (NRA), Haja Kallah Kamara, and the former Director of Finance (NRA), Abdulai Conteh , in respect of investigations into off - budget payments whilst they were in office . Ms Kallah Kamara is required to pay back the sum of Two Billion Leones; she has paid back One Billion Leones (Le : 1 , 000 , 000, 000) to the ACC; with the remaining One Billion Leones (Le : 1 ,000,000, 000) to be paid within a one year period effective 1 st November, 2018. Mr Conteh , who should pay back the sum of Three Billion Leones (Le: 3,000,000,000) , has already paid Eight Hundred Million Leones (Le: 800, 000, 000) . The payment plan requires that Mr Conteh pays the sum of One Billion Leones (Le 1,000,000,000) on or before 5 th April, 2019. Thereafter, t he former Finance Director should pay t he remaining One Billion Two Hundre d Million Leones (Le : 1,200,000,000 ) in installments of Two Hundred Million Leones (Le : 200,000,000) on the t hirtieth of every month , from May to October, 2019. Within the past five months, the ACC has now recovered over Seven Billion, Two Hundred and Sixt y - Five Million Leones (Le: 7,265,000,000) , all of which is to be paid into the Consolidated Revenue Fund. Meanwhile, the Commission wishes to further reassure the general public that it will not relent in ensuring that public funds and public revenue are p rotected, and where necessary, recovered. For further enquiries, please contact Abubakarr Turay, Head of Outreach Unit, on Tel: +232 - 76 - 886 - 636. ...................................... ALHASSAN KARGBO DEPUTY DIRECTOR PUBLIC EDUCATION AND OUTREACH A NTI - CORRUPTION COMMISSION CATHEDRAL HOUSE 3 GLOUCESTER STREET FREETOWN SIERRA LEONE
- 3822 Total Views
- 2975 Website Views
- 847 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 LinkedIn
- 0 Google+
- 47 www.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 www.pnb.gov.sl
- 38 126.96.36.199
- 15 www.anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 5 anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 14 188.8.131.52:8069
- 6 anticorruption.gov.sl
- 9 webdisk.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 google.com'
IACAlumnus_Jul_2018_online15804 Views .
Commissioner's Profile12239 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2016 (2017) FINAL10430 Views .
NACS ACTION PLAN9774 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20149355 Views .
ACC ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20179228 Views .
-Draft-SALWACO-SERVICE-CHARTER8902 Views .
NACS NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION STRATEGY 2018-20208885 Views .
National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-20238731 Views .
ACC Act 20088689 Views .
Reports Curbing Salary Double Dipping in MDAs8636 Views .
CURRENT CASES IN COURT8364 Views .
CURRENT ACC CONVICTIONS FROM 2000 TO 20188279 Views .
Police Service-Delivery-Charter-2015-final-27857 Views .
2019 Comms Strategy_FINAL7741 Views .
ELECTRICITY service_delivery_charter_EDSA7650 Views .
Press Release - ACC Head Office7268 Views .
APPEAL CASES7202 Views .