Press Release - GAVI CONVICTS
1. ANTI - CORRUPTION COMMISSION CATHEDRAL HOUSE 3 GLOUCESTER STREET FREETOWN SIERRA LEONE, WEST AFRICA TEL: 232 - 22 221468 FAX: 232 - 22 221900 Date: 2 nd Ju ly , 2014 PRESS RELEASE ACC SECURES CUSTODIAL SENTENCE FOR CORRUPTION OFFENCES IN RELATION TO MANAGEMENT OF GAVI INTERNATIONAL FUNDS The High Court of Sierra Leone, presided over by Justice M A Paul, has on the 2 nd July, 2014, in the matter between the State V s . D r. Magnus Ken Gborie and two others convicted and imposed a custodial sentence of six years on Dr. Magnus Ken Gborie, Dr. Edward Magbity (staff of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation) and Lansana Roberts (proprietor of Rolaan enterprises) in respect of var ious corruption offences including Misappropriation of Donor Funds contrary to section 37 (1) of the A nti - C orruption Act of 2008 . Dr. Magnus Ken Gborie (Director of Planning and Information at the Ministry responsible for the implementation of the GAVI H ealth Sector Support Project and other donor projects) will pay a fine of T wo hundred and forty - three million three hundred thousand Leones (LE. 243, 300,000) ; Dr. Edward Magbity (Principal Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at the Directorate of Planning and Information) will pay S ix hundred and forty - one million three hundred thousand Leones (LE.6 41,30 0,000); and Lansana Roberts (proprietor of Rolaan enterprises) will pay O ne hundred and thirty - two million one hundred and seventy - five thousand Leones (LE.132 ,175,000) . The three convicts will serve the mandatory six years imprisonment in addition to payment of the said fine. Delivering his j udgment, the learned Judge said: “it goes without saying that the activities of these convicts provide no incentive to t he donor community for further and continued intervention in the health sector”. The matter was prosecuted by Michael Imran Kanu on behalf of the ACC. ............................................ KOLONEH SANKOH (Ms) ACTING DIRECTOR, PUBLIC EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
- 4117 Total Views
- 3266 Website Views
- 851 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 27 126.96.36.199
- 8 anticorruption.gov.sl
- 42 www.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 2 www.pnb.gov.sl
- 2 anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 5 www.anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 11 188.8.131.52:8069
- 2 webdisk.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 google.com'
IACAlumnus_Jul_2018_online14409 Views .
Commissioner's Profile11401 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2016 (2017) FINAL9725 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20148710 Views .
NACS ACTION PLAN8561 Views .
ACC ANNUAL REPORT FOR 20178523 Views .
-Draft-SALWACO-SERVICE-CHARTER8265 Views .
NACS NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION STRATEGY 2018-20208257 Views .
National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-20237752 Views .
Reports Curbing Salary Double Dipping in MDAs7747 Views .
ACC Act 20087739 Views .
CURRENT ACC CONVICTIONS FROM 2000 TO 20187619 Views .
CURRENT CASES IN COURT7570 Views .
2019 Comms Strategy_FINAL7236 Views .
Police Service-Delivery-Charter-2015-final-27155 Views .
ELECTRICITY service_delivery_charter_EDSA6978 Views .
Press Release - ACC Head Office6670 Views .
APPEAL CASES6519 Views .