Press Release - GAVI CONVICTS
1. ANTI - CORRUPTION COMMISSION CATHEDRAL HOUSE 3 GLOUCESTER STREET FREETOWN SIERRA LEONE, WEST AFRICA TEL: 232 - 22 221468 FAX: 232 - 22 221900 Date: 2 nd Ju ly , 2014 PRESS RELEASE ACC SECURES CUSTODIAL SENTENCE FOR CORRUPTION OFFENCES IN RELATION TO MANAGEMENT OF GAVI INTERNATIONAL FUNDS The High Court of Sierra Leone, presided over by Justice M A Paul, has on the 2 nd July, 2014, in the matter between the State V s . D r. Magnus Ken Gborie and two others convicted and imposed a custodial sentence of six years on Dr. Magnus Ken Gborie, Dr. Edward Magbity (staff of the Ministry of Health and Sanitation) and Lansana Roberts (proprietor of Rolaan enterprises) in respect of var ious corruption offences including Misappropriation of Donor Funds contrary to section 37 (1) of the A nti - C orruption Act of 2008 . Dr. Magnus Ken Gborie (Director of Planning and Information at the Ministry responsible for the implementation of the GAVI H ealth Sector Support Project and other donor projects) will pay a fine of T wo hundred and forty - three million three hundred thousand Leones (LE. 243, 300,000) ; Dr. Edward Magbity (Principal Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at the Directorate of Planning and Information) will pay S ix hundred and forty - one million three hundred thousand Leones (LE.6 41,30 0,000); and Lansana Roberts (proprietor of Rolaan enterprises) will pay O ne hundred and thirty - two million one hundred and seventy - five thousand Leones (LE.132 ,175,000) . The three convicts will serve the mandatory six years imprisonment in addition to payment of the said fine. Delivering his j udgment, the learned Judge said: “it goes without saying that the activities of these convicts provide no incentive to t he donor community for further and continued intervention in the health sector”. The matter was prosecuted by Michael Imran Kanu on behalf of the ACC. ............................................ KOLONEH SANKOH (Ms) ACTING DIRECTOR, PUBLIC EDUCATION AND OUTREACH
- 5418 Total Views
- 4310 Website Views
- 1108 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 45 18.104.22.168
- 12 anticorruption.gov.sl
- 54 www.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 2 www.pnb.gov.sl
- 9 anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 5 www.anticorruption.gov.sl:8069
- 12 22.214.171.124:8069
- 4 webdisk.anticorruption.gov.sl
- 4 google.com'
IACAlumnus_Jul_2018_online18054 Views .
Commissioner's Profile14555 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2016 (2017) FINAL11964 Views .
NACS ACTION PLAN11818 Views .
ANNUAL REPORT FOR 201410731 Views .
ACC ANNUAL REPORT FOR 201710725 Views .
National Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-202310701 Views .
-Draft-SALWACO-SERVICE-CHARTER10333 Views .
ACC Act 200810281 Views .
Reports Curbing Salary Double Dipping in MDAs10196 Views .
NACS NATIONAL ANTI-CORRUPTION STRATEGY 2018-202010174 Views .
CURRENT CASES IN COURT9755 Views .
CURRENT ACC CONVICTIONS FROM 2000 TO 20189599 Views .
ELECTRICITY service_delivery_charter_EDSA9442 Views .
Police Service-Delivery-Charter-2015-final-29378 Views .
2019 Comms Strategy_FINAL8751 Views .
Press Release - ACC Head Office8609 Views .
APPEAL CASES8442 Views .